Friday, September 17, 2010

Everything's in the kitchen sink

I was doing the dishes and of course, as usual, my mind started to wander away, and start working out my plan of action for dear husbands parents arrival tomorrow night.  And of course i started with getting up an dressed then moved onto which errands are most important....then i stopped.  Because I was making my scheduale and realized I was planning on getting up at 6am on a Saturday, so i would be able to get showred and dressed, and even - oh my - have time to put on some makeup too, because I was feeling bad about having your farther watch you while i finished getting ready.  I really do feel bad having someone else watch the baby while i get dressed or anything, eat even.   then i remembered the Proverbs woman....you kno the one that we can never seem to measure up to but plagues us anyways, :). and how she would get up befoe anyone else and shower and start breakast.....then i started wondering if she got up so early because she had a baby and wanted to have time to get dressed and maybe put on some kajahl (khol eyeliner) and earings, maybe she got up so early so she could feel clean and pretty, then handle her day...before the baby wakes up crying and wants to eat....before her husband wakes up and wants to cuddle. before the kids all came and jump in the bed.  Maybe just maybe that was the only way she got her hair brushed in the moring and maybe she was a pretty ordidary lady, that just did the best she could to make her house run smoothly.  Maybe she isnt so much better, just very dsaplined....
anyhow i think i finally understand why she did half of what she did,  and think it was because she had kids.  The rest I will most likely have to grow in age and wisdom to figure out....But, here's to trying!

I hope I'm not the only one who ponders lifes why's and how's, and philosiphies while standing at the sink, in the midst of diapers, and plates, and floor that needs to be swept for the 2nd time today, I have decided it is just fine to take a bit of time to enjoy being a woman...to add a bit of sparkle to our day so we can turn around and shake some on our family and others like the good Lord asks us to. :)  Have fun with the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment